It's Only Me

Monday 21 May 2007

What a Week!!

18/05/07 You know those days when you really should have just stayed in bed. Well today was one of those.....! After a normally busy week of work, taking kids to sporting practice, getting called in for extra hours etc I was feeling pretty jaded. But hey it's friday!! Friday's are good days, right. Well instead of doing what I was going to to until my 12pm start, I end up spending the morning chasing up my son Aidan's homework, which is WAY behind. Contrary to the story he told me. "It's still at home!" , It is located safely in the classroom.While I am there I collect extra readers for him to catch up on over the weekend. Seriously annoyed I go home to get organised for work. Hubby (who has taken the day off) asks whats wrong.(Bad move for him!!) So we then have a discussion about how I rely on him to make sure homework is being done etc, being that I work later hours. This is followed by tears(from me) and promises to do better and the writing of a list(from him).
So feeling totally drained I head into work thinking well things can only get better from here!! (Bad move for me!!) Being a bit emotional (and unknowinly suffering from pmt), I burst into tears at the girls asking the perfectly innocent question..."Are you ok?"(Bad move for them!!) I pull myself together and go about my duties and all went ok till about 4:45ish. Then it happened!! I smashed a window!! Well actually it was the fixed section of the sliding glass door in the nursery!! I had mopped the floor behind the couch and then pushed it back into place. Unfortunately it went a little further than that and hit the door which then smashed. Fortunately it is one of the safety ones with the film, and therefore didn't shatter everywhere. But it was still a BIG booboo! Once again waterworks reigned, and words flew, (under my breath away from little ears of course!) My wonderful boss and fellow colleagues were all very supportive and assured me that all was fine. "As long as you weren't hurt. It's just a thing! I just call someone to get it fixed!" my boss says to me while hugging my sobbing frame. "Yeah but it's a BIG thing I sob, Not like I just broke a coffee cup or something!!" So anyway the end result was that she called O'Brien glass and I waited with her till they came and fixed it which ended up being 9pm. (so much for my 6:30 finish)Although it was insured it still cost $250 in excess fees, so I felt pretty bad. So is it just mirrors that you get bad luck for....hmmmm? Well I'm sure it will be good for a laught at this years staff xmas party!!
19/05/07 Once again soccer morning has rolled around. Sadly I report that the Leopards lost this game . They put up a really good fight nd played well. But the mustangs, who appeared to have a bit more experience, triumphed over them. They also had a very tall boy on their team who had long legs and ran like lightning. The other players all came up to his armpits. (What the hell do they feed these kids??) But it was a fair game and hopefully the Leopards learnt some tips from the way the other team played. Hopefully the coach will intergrate some of it into training this week. My boy Aidan got "Player of the Game" this week as he has improved greatly and was instrumental in preventing a number of goals by the mustangs and came close to kicking a couple for our team. So well done Aidan!! And Good effort Leopards!! I know they had fun regardless, which in the end is what it's all about.
After soccer I went and picked up my new toy!! I have bought a treadmill. I am on another weight loss journey and am determined not to be "fat and forty" next year. So I have about 15 months to lose at least 30kg. To date I have lost 3kg in just under 3 weeks, and now I have the treadmill I am determined to push those figures!! Will keep you all posted!
About lunch time Tahlia and I headed off to Bauple for an overnighter at Mum and Dad's. Mum had wanted a hand with some computer stuff and the lovely people had a clothes dryer not being used which they had put my name on!! (Thanks mommy and daddy!) Mum had figured out most of the computer stuff(smarty pants!!), so only needed a tiny bit of assistance, but it was a nice break which was badly needed, though it could have been longer!
21/05/07Tahlia played checkers with Poppy and fed the kookaburras, even having one land on her lap. Mum and I checked out medieval costumes in preparation for my sisters October wedding. I have decided on going as a buxom tavern wench and am looking for an outfit to pattern mine on. I think I have found one but am not really sure, will keep browsing for a while. So whatdya think??

Well here goes another week....and it's gotta be better than the last one....right??
P.S.Forgot to mention in previous posts, I've had all my hair chopped off.....have had some blonde foils put through too but don't have a pic of it yet...but here's the short hairdo!













8 Comments:

Blogger Tory said...

So sorry you had such a bad day!
That dress is gorgeous. This sounds like it's going to be an outstanding wedding. hope u put up pics of it.
your hair looks great!!!
Take care
Tory

21 May 2007 at 11:35 pm  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hope you are feeling better now Shaz. Last week is behind you now, so just leave it there and look forward to a better one. Pic of Tahlia and Poppy with the kookies is now on my blog. She is such a pretty princess, our Tahlia. And your foils looked fab. Very swish. Luv ya Mum

23 May 2007 at 5:48 pm  
Blogger Theresa (Tess) Schirmer said...

Love the new do. I hope everything is going Ok for you. I am trying to catch up with people. Everyone seems to be on FULL BORE at the moment. It must be that time of the year. Take care of yourself.

25 May 2007 at 10:38 am  
Blogger ScrapManda said...

Hope next week is 1000% better :) LOVE the new hair cut...looks fabulous!

27 May 2007 at 9:49 pm  
Blogger Jeepie said...

Love the costume. Order one for me too and I will wear it next time I go out on the town.

BIG hugs!!

28 May 2007 at 7:09 pm  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi Shaz
Just playing catch up. we sold our townhouse and bought a house (see blog) so have been busy. Love the new hair do it looks great take care

5 July 2007 at 9:49 am  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi Shaz
Just playing catch up. we sold our townhouse and bought a house (see blog) so have been busy. Love the new hair do it looks great take care

5 July 2007 at 9:49 am  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey Shaz, You have just been tagged by me. Read my blog, and then get back to blogging again. I miss your funny uplifting entries. Luv you muchly, Mum

14 July 2007 at 12:01 pm  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home