It's Only Me

Thursday 26 April 2007

Just a Quickie!!

21/04/07 Another win for the Leopards. Tougher game this week but they are real troopers and take the game 3/2!! Go Leopards go!!
22/04/07 After doing the routine catchup on housework we go for a drive and explore Toorbul and Donnybrook. Really liked Toorbul, nice quiet looking place and the kids were thrilled with all the kangaroos, they were literally EVERYWHERE along the esplanade!!
25/04/07 Anzac Day. A day of rememberance. Also a day for playing catchup and having some family time. Well at least that was the plan. We had planned on an afternoon fishing with the kids. Gib sets out with Tahlia to put some fuel in the car and return some DVD's. 20 mins later I get a call. it's Gib, on a good samaritans mobile. "Can you come and get us....we've broken down. We're on Henry Rd, down toward Dohles Rocks." So I load the boys into the car and head on down to rescue them. "What's wrong with it?" I ask. "Not sure, Could just be out of petrol." Gib replies. (Our petrol guage is out of whack ever since we had the petrol pump replaced, doesn't pick up under 1/4 of a tank, sometimes runs empty on half!)I look at him in disbelief, "I thought you were going to put petrol in it?" I say. "Yeah yeah.. I just thought I would go down and check the tide first." he replies. "Umm so you passed TWO petrol stations to go and look at the tide first??" I ask in utter bewilderment. "Well it might not be that yet!" Say no more, but I had trouble hiding the smirks.
So we head home and pick up the jerry cans, go to the petrol station and fill them up, return to the car and top up the petrol....still won't start!! I go home, get a mobile phone and on return find that he has flattened the battery trying to start it. So we hook it up to th 4WD and try jump starting it...no luck, time to call the RACQ! As I leave Gib says, "I wonder if the two jerry cans just weren't enough given the angle it's on having pushed it off the road. Oh just wait for the RACQ, if they can't get it started I'll have them tow it to the garage." So I head off to take the kids home while he waits for the RACQ guy. He mentions the petrol thought to him and so they try putting more fuel in first....VROOM. First go. Hubby comes home looking very sheepish and embarrased. But hey it could happen to anyone right?? And the good news is...the tide was in!!! But the fish were safe for another day!! Hehehehe....

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Shaz, your blogs are very entertaining and make me giggle. You should have been a writer, journalist etc. Keep up the good work



Mum

27 April 2007 at 5:01 pm  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home