It's Only Me

Wednesday 18 April 2007

Another One Gone!!

Where'd that week go?? Lets rewind to........
14/04/07 The morning of Aidan's first big soccer match!! Excitement is high as he straps on the shin guards and pulls on his extra long socks. Loaded up with jerseys, orange slices, cold water and freddo frogs as incentives, we head on down to the field. Kick of has been changed from 9:45 to 9:00 but the opposing team haven't been notified. Anticipation builds as we wait for them to arrive. Luckily they arrive early so we only kick off about 5 mins late. After much running around, random kicks and a few laughs, Aidan's team, the Leopards acheive an awesome win of 7/nil!! Go the Leopards. After shaking hands with their opponents and giving them 3 cheers they run excitedly off the field and we award Jono player of the match, given that he kicked 5 of the 7 goals. Freddo's are shared all round. Go the mighty Leopards!!!! That's Aidan running in the green and white jersey, front left!
After the game we head home where Gilbert gets ready for work and the children and I pack the car ready to head up to my parents for an overnight visit. (past problems resolved!) We detour to the shops for some quick grocery shopping so that nanny and poppy aren't eaten out of house and home. After driving for 2hrs 20 mins amidst the usual "Are we nearly there??" We arrive and the kids are in high spirits. After a fortifying cuppa (for the big people!) the kids start begging poppy to go for a ride in the tractor. (actually a ride-on mower with a trailer attatched)
While the coast is clear Mum and I go and look at some pictures that she took of my new neice, she is very cute!(Just like her aunty!!) I have also got my mum blogging and added her link to my page, so pop in as she has some more pics posted of Cheynita.
Mum presents Aidan with a surprise birthday cake after dinner and we all watch DVD's before bed. Sunday rolls around far too quickly and it's time to head back to the hustle and bustle of the city!! :(
16/04/07 First day of my first full week back at work. Due to a pupil free day I take in the tv and playstation to keep the older two amused till their dad can pick them up at 2:30. Schools back tomorrow!!
17/04/07 Due to some late night prep Monday night we arrive at school 7:50am as Tahlia has an excursion to Underwater World and the bus leaves at 8:15am. After waving her goodbye and settling Aidan into class, Alex and I head off to kindy for a day of fun(for him) and work(for me!)
After arriving home from work I hear endless tales from Tahlia's excursion.....it would seem a great time was had by all!!
18/04/07 Another day at work followed by tennis lessons for Tahlia and then off to a friends house to help out by icing a wedding cake. All was finsished and looking gorgeous by 11:35pm so I drag myself home to bed to catch some shuteye for work next day as I am rostered for a 6:30 finish.


19/04/07 Bleary eyed and a bit under the weather I arrive at work. Sadly I hear a report that one of the little girls that used to attend the centre is being beaten by her father. It has been reported, all we can do is sit and wait for news....very emotional day. To top it off I have a huge stand up fight with the centre licensee, who thinks that she can come and stir up trouble because our director is away. Despite her ordering me off the premises for standing up to her "lord of the manor attitude", I continue doing my job with the full support of fellow staff and our acting director! During our fight all staff were hiding behind closed doors cheering me on quietly...LOL. No-one has any respect for this woman who often pays us late and still hasn't payed anyone's super!! She left feeling a little winded I think. After next Friday she should no longer be the licensee as the contract should be finalised and our awesome director will also be the centre owner!! I worked on till 6:30 feeling nothing short of exhausted!
20/04/07 Hooray it's Friday!!! Start the day with a massive headache (stress induced no doubt.) Survive the day on nurofen, caffiene and chocolate!! I amso happy I am doing the close with Mandy, she is so efficient!! 6:20 close doors and go home to collapse! Thank God it's Friday!!!!!



1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey Shaz, Another beautiful creation. Your talent is boundless. Looks too beautiful to cut it. Well done, as usual.
Luv ya, Mum

29 April 2007 at 9:38 am  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home