It's Only Me

Thursday 12 April 2007

Birthday Week!!

09/04/07 One of those days where I really just don't see the point of getting out of bed. Luckily I have a mission to complete!! Aidan's 7th birthday is tomorrow and he has put in his request for a cake. My mission.....(seeing that I chose to accept it)...make a chocolate mud cake and arrange it into a soccer trophy!! Husband is sent on a supply gathering mission and I then begin my assignment in earnest!! Mid afternoon my 14year old nephew arrives and proves to be an effective distraction to the children. Shaping and icing the cake becomes an easier task with Ashley on "kid duty"! Mission completed by early evening!!

10/04/07 My middle child is 7. He awakens with a proud smile on his face and that readable expectation of ensuing gifts. He is presented with present No. 1. The delight on his face as he reveals his new RC Police car is priceless!! His second gift, a new playstation game is embraced with equal excitement. After a quick test drive of said police car, he plays ratchet and clank with his cousin(also a playstation expert)! Battery pack for car is placed on charge. After dish duty, bed duty and floor duty are completed we leave the house to embark on today's mission. Taking my nephew home to Mt Walker. Aprox 1,1/2 hrs later we arrive at our destination and deliver "the goods" to my sister. After some mother/teenage son exchange we enter the house for coffee and offcuts of mud cake which I had brought along. The kids play playstation and my sister, Linda and I discuss plans for sugarpaste castle construction for atop her wedding cake come October 31st. My head spins as the intricacy of the castle increases by the minute. Linda has been placed in charge of template creation after which we shall plan a day for joint construction work. A short break is required in order to feed a baby roo in care. Mid afternoon we board our vehicle and set off in the direction of home, being greeted by hubby/dad and Aidan is bestowed with more birthday hugs and good wishes. The birthday boy's request of chicken pasta is consumed and followed by the traditional singing of "Happy Birthday" and lighting of candles on trophy cake! Candles are extinguished with one breath!! Happy Birthday Aidan!!
11/04/07 Gib finishes work at 9:00 to allow me to go to work for at least one day of sanity. The day runs smoothly although some of the staff have obviously been eating too much chocolate and are slightly hyperactive. Just as well we work in childcare!!!
My usual 6/6:15 finish becomes a 6:45 finsih due to a late parent, apparantley caught in traffic on the gateway! I wonder if we will get paid the late fees for that? Hmmm.......





4 Comments:

Blogger Peta said...

WOW great to see he had a great birthday I was thinking about him at work and don't tell him but he still has one presant to go (when I buy it that is)

14 April 2007 at 7:27 am  
Blogger Unknown said...

Hey dearie, love the new look. Your banner is fab - those eyes!!!! Wow. And you've been busy busy busy. Take care.

14 April 2007 at 4:41 pm  
Blogger ScrapManda said...

The cake looks great Shazz...sounds like you've had your hands full with the pox etc. Hope everything settles down for term 2.

14 April 2007 at 9:56 pm  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

hey chick,
welcome back to blogger land. love the new blog. hope is all well

15 April 2007 at 3:09 pm  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home